When you’re in the market for the best student laptops, don’t go for the cheapest part you can find. Although students with less than 500 laptops may be the best candidates for these students10 best laptops 2020
Those who are trying to be economical are not always the best option for your needs.
They have to be cheap, but they don’t have to be cheap. In fact, it may be more beneficial to pay extra for some of the more useful features.
This is because the best laptop for students needs to mark a few boxes in addition to endurance. In terms of performance, they need to meet the needs of a student’s workload as well as post-course work streaming and light gaming.10 best laptops 2020
They should also have an excellent battery life, preferably to run the entire school day on a single charge. And, of course, they need to be light and thin, because a student’s bag is too big to carry a large laptop.
To make your search easier, we have selected the best laptops for 2020 offered for students.
From a powerful operating system like Windows 10 or MacOS to a hardware device, to the best Chromebox offering the best balance between cheapness and performance, we’ve got something for every type of student. We’ve also included our price comparison tool, so you can get the cheapest price.10 best laptops 2020
10 best laptops 2020 for school college and universities Students
1: Dell Inspiron 14 7000 (7490)
10 best laptops 2020 The Dell Inspiron 14 7000’s enviable blend of performance, screen size, and portability unseats the company’s near-legendary XPS 13 as our favorite ultraportable and Price is $799
- Packs 14-inch screen in 13-inch chassis.
- Thin and light magnesium alloy enclosure.
- Intel “Comet Lake” CPU is powerful and efficient.
- Nearly around-the-clock battery life.
- Wi-Fi 6.
- Screen could be brighter.
- Touchpad a bit noisy when clicked.
10 best laptops 2020 Dell’s Inspiron laptops are positioned below its higher-quality, more powerful XPS series, but you’d never know it from the Inspiron 14 7000 (starts at $829.99; $1,126.99 as tested). The new 7000 (specifically, model 7490) boasts a magnesium-alloy chassis that’s virtually as thin, light, and sturdy as an XPS enclosure, and the ultraportable pulls off the neat trick of squeezing a 14-inch display into a 13-inch form factor. Under the hood, it offers Intel’s 10th Generation “Comet Lake” CPUs and optional Nvidia GeForce MX250 dedicated graphics. Unless you need the 4K (3,840-by-2,160-pixel) resolution available with Dell’s XPS 13—and I’d argue you don’t in a 13.3- or 14-inch screen size—the Inspiron 14 7000 replaces the XPS 13 as the ultraportable to own and our Editors’ Choice pick 10 best laptops 2020.
2: Acer Chromebook 514
10 best laptops 2020 Product works and looks like new. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
This product has been professionally inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. The product may have minimal scratches or dents, and a battery with at least 80% capacity. Box may be generic and accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional.10 best laptops 2020 This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied. Learn more
|Display Size||14 inches|
|Disk Size||32 GB|
|Memory Size||4 GB|
- Sharp-looking aluminum design for a budget machine.
- Excellent battery life.
- Touch display (as tested) looks great.
- Comfortable backlit keyboard.
- Big touchpad.
- Processor could use a pick-me-up.
- Ho-hum speakers.
Apple MacBook Pro (13-Inch, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) – Space Gray (Previous Model)
|Operating System||MacOS 10.13 High Sierra|
|Model Name||MacBook Air|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
- Thin, light, and stylish.
- Excellent trackpad.
- Long battery life.
- Brilliant display.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Relatively expensive, even in starting config.
- Limited connectivity for peripherals in lower-end models.
- Polarizing keyboard lacks vertical travel.
3: HP Envy 13 (2019)
- Snappy new Intel “Ice Lake” processor.
- Robust battery life.
- Sharp display.
- Well-implemented kickstand.
- Finally includes USB-C.
- Keyboard still sold separately.
- Just two ports, and no Thunderbolt 3 support.
- Thin and light.
- Comfortable keyboard and touchpad.
- Two Thunderbolt ports.
- Quick charging.
- Good everyday computing performance.
- Slightly bulky in Tablet mode.
- Screen bounces in Laptop mode.
- No SD card slot.
6:MSI GL65 9SC
- Impressive hardware mix for the money.
- Bright full-HD (1080p) screen.
- Solid, not-all-plastic build.
- Comfortable keyboard.
- Touchpad button clicks are too loud.
- Some ports located too near the user.
- Tinny speakers.
|Display Size||14 inches|
|Memory Size||8 GB|
About this item
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM memory
- Internal storage: 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive10 best laptops 2020
- 10 best laptops 2020