That’s how easy you can start creating your own NPC in Roblox. These are the steps to follow to grant functions and characteristics to your non-playable character.
In recent months the popularity of Roblox has increased exponentially, classifying itself as one of the most popular free to play games of the moment, since thanks to its graphic engine and ease of games it has become the favorite of many users.
And as we have already commented on several occasions, it is an online multiplayer game where it will not be necessary to have a state-of-the-art computer to start playing with friends.
That’s right folks! Roblox is a game mine where you will have available a wide variety of virtual worlds of different genres and categories . However, a fundamental part of Roblox maps are NPCs , and this time we will show you how to make an NPC in Roblox in an easy and fast way.
What is an NPC?
The NPC known by its acronym “non-player character” or “non – player” are the characters found in any game and have a purpose in it. In this sense, the developers are in charge of programming them under an objective , either to expand the plot of the game or to be of great help within the map.
These NPCs are created and inserted into the Roblox map by the developers, and to start creating your own NPC and include it within the server it is necessary to have the Roblox Studio construction tool.
How to make an NPC in Roblox
Open Roblox Studio
To create an NPC character on your map, you must first learn to program it with Roblox Studio. Once you learn, you can add as many NPCs as possible. To do this successfully, follow these steps:
- Launch Roblox Studio.
- After this, open the map or server that you want to work with.
Insert the NPC
Once Roblox Studio is open and located on the appropriate server, the next step is to insert the desired NPC. You can achieve this step by doing the following:
- Locate the “Toolbox” section in Roblox Studio.
- Type the word “NPC” in the search area.
- It will show different characters, choose and click on the one that best suits your map. Now is the time to edit it, put arms on it, change the outfit or its appearance in general.
Configure the NPC
If you have followed each of the steps, in general terms you already have an NPC on your server . However, one of the most striking things about these features is the ability to interact with the other players.
To do this, you must program the movements, characteristics and words that the NPC character will have on the map using some scripts.
- To select the NPC, click on it.
- On the right side of the screen you will find the “Explorer” section , click on the + symbol.
- It will show various options, to speed up the process, place the cursor in the “Search” section and type “Script” , then click on the first option.
- This will make it show a completely blank tab, here you must program the script so that the NPC has “life” .
- The next step is to delete the line of code that is displayed automatically and paste the following code known as Follow Script. The main function of this script is to make NPC follow a player around.
- Once you have pasted the script, it is necessary to close the window and run the game by clicking on “Play” or “F5 key” to test it.
Below, you can see an image that reflects how your NPC will start to follow the player from the server everywhere. We have seen this before with the popular pets of some minigames, or some beast that suddenly appears in defense of an area or place.
With these simple steps you will have the possibility to make your own NPC regardless of the map you are developing in Roblox.
And thanks to the diversity of the platform, you can customize the NPC as you see fit . Another point in favor is that the Roblox community is quite wide, therefore, the number of scripts available for NPC is gigantic.