When our laptop is connected to a wifi network, whether it is home, office, cafe, hangout or wifi modem, the wifi data is automatically stored on the laptop. So when activating wifi, there is no need to re-enter the wifi password, the laptop will automatically connect to the internet network.
But what often happens is that we often forget the wifi password that is already connected to the PC / Laptop because rarely typing the password. Then how do I see wifi password on a PC / Laptop? We still discuss in this article.
There are 2 ways that you can do to find out the wifi password that is already connected to a PC / Laptop, which can be directly through the Control Panel on the Laptop itself and via a modem. But what we will discuss is the easiest way, namely through the Control Panel.
How to See Wifi Password on a Laptop
1. First click the network icon in the right corner of the Taskbar, and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Then it will be directed to the Network and Sharing Center settings page , on View your active networks you will find the wifi network where our laptop is connected, then double-click on Connection: Wireless Network (Wifi name).
3. Then the Wireless Network Connection Status popup will appear , on the General tab, click Wireless Properties.
4. Then the Wireless Network Properties [Wifi Name] popup will appear again , then click the Security tab . The final step to see the laptop wifi password is by clicking the Show character checklist , the password will be visible in the Network Security Key column.
Note: The method above is activated on a laptop that uses the Windows 7 operating system. In the above method, you can find out the wifi password that is already connected to the laptop.
Then what about a PC / Laptop that uses the Windows 10 operating system? For how to see the wifi password on a Windows 10 laptop, you can follow the steps below.
1. Click the Wi-Fi icon which is in the far right corner of the Taskbar, and click Network & Internet settings.
2. Then will be directed to the Settings menu, in the Network & Internet section select the Wi-Fi tab. In the Related settings on the right, click Change adapter options.
3. You will be directed to the Netwok Connection popup menu . Click the green computer and network icon that says Wi-Fi.
4. Then the Wi-Fi Status popup will appear again, in the General section click the Wireless properties button, then a popup will appear again [Wifi Name] Wireless Network Properties and click the Security tab. The final step to see the laptop wifi password is by clicking the Show character checklist, the password will be visible in the Network Security Key column.
How? It’s not difficult not to know the password or Wi-Fi password on a laptop or computer. If you have questions or you have other ways about this, you can submit them via the comments column below.