This Is How a New Medical Practice Can Utilize SEO to Its Full Potential
Medical practitioners need a website to promote their brand of practice. With an optimized website, they can reach more clients and increase foot traffic to their local clinic or office. SEO can improve medical websites to rank higher in search engine results.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is vital to the success of healthcare websites. If you’re a medical practitioner, utilize SEO to achieve your site’s full potential.
Let’s look at the top medical SEO strategies.
Using the Best Medical Keywords
Digital Authority Partners said SEO could help medical practitioners make their mark in a competitive industry. And using the right keywords is an important strategy in optimizing a medical website.
Learn the appropriate keywords to help rank your website through keyword research. This process starts by studying your niche or market and defining your goals. Create a list of seed or short-tail keywords that you use to create long-tail keywords to zero in on your market.
Another way to conduct medical keyword research is to use online tools like Google Keyword Planner. This tool can help you find the most popular and widely used keywords for your web pages.
Also, considering your competitor’s keywords can give insights into how they rank on SERPs. You will also learn your competitor’s optimization strategies through keyword research and analysis.
Here are some tips to boost your medical SEO keyword research.
- Consider relevance, authority, and keyword volume during keyword research. Google considers relevant websites the best resource for a user’s query and ranks authority sites high to provide users with useful information. Google also categorizes sites per monthly search volume (MSV), or the times your keyword is searched monthly.
- Create a keyword list, which you can turn into convenient topic buckets.
- Verify user intent for a keyword by using Google Search. Enter the keyword and see what results come up.
Improving Title Tags and Meta Description
Define your title tags and meta descriptions by naturally adding your keywords. The title tag and your website’s meta description are displayed in an organic search result and are the first things people see. Users can either click if they like what they see or ignore it if they think your site is insignificant.
By improving your title tag and making it more engaging and relatable, you can encourage your prospect to click your link. Meanwhile, a good meta description should give your prospects an idea of what to expect when they click your link.
An optimized title tag and meta description also benefit search engines. With these, search engines like Google can easily understand what your site is all about and retrieve it quickly when someone uses your keywords in a search query.
Here are a few ways to improve your medical site’s title tag and meta description.
- Be direct to the point and concise.
- Maintain the number of allowable characters for your title tags and meta descriptions. Title tags should be no more than 65 characters, and meta descriptions must be no more than 150 characters.
- Be the solution to your prospects’ problems by highlighting what you can do for your clients.
- Include your keywords and keyword variations in your title tag and meta descriptions.
Crafting Useful and Updated Content
Google prioritizes websites that contain relevant and valuable content. Your medical website will rank better than your competitors when you regularly publish fresh and helpful web content.
Website content is not just text. There are many forms of web content, such as videos, images, infographics, and podcasts. You can use videos to disseminate information and images to show step-by-step details such as how to perform various medical treatments.
Meanwhile, infographics help explain complex information by breaking down content into a format ordinary people can understand. Also, medical podcasts with special guests from your industry can present detailed information and announce new ideas, plans, and strategies.
Here are a few ways to improve your content creation.
- Conduct thorough keyword research. Use the right keywords in your content.
- Organize your topics and create a draft.
- Look at your website from your audience’s point of view. Consider what your audience is looking for, what keywords they use, etc.
- Use internal and external links. Internal links could be a contact page or blog post, while external links link to credible external sources.
- Use social media to promote your optimized content.
Adding a Sitemap
A sitemap is similar to a book’s table of contents. It has all your web pages in one accessible pane, so your audience clicks on the information they need. Search engines use sitemaps to find the information that your website offers quickly.
Also, sitemaps help search engines answer queries more efficiently and quickly. Thus, they help rank your website higher on SERPs. Create a detailed sitemap to improve your medical website’s “crawlability.”
Here are a few ways to optimize using a sitemap.
- Start by reviewing your website structure.
- Create categories for your content.
- Use Google XML Sitemaps to create your medical website XML sitemap.
- Place your sitemap on your homepage to make it easier for your audience to navigate your site.
Using Local SEO
Whenever a patient looks for a doctor or a medical specialist, Google will likely show local results. Search engines know that particular queries demand local results. Around three-quarters of Google searches were for local business information in 2021. This data are from users in the United States, United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
People often search for an urgent solution, such as a specialist, a hospital, or a medical clinic for emergency care. As such, you must optimize your website for local search.
Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) profile is also crucial to SEO. GMB is a free business profile that will highlight your company name, phone number, address, website, email address, photos, and hours of operation.
Optimizing your GMB will help you rank higher on SERPs; your clients can also find you on Google Maps.
Aside from your GMB, consider the following strategies to boost local SEO.
- Improve your site’s mobile-friendliness.
- Ensure your business is on local and industry directories. All citations must be updated and consistent.
- Collect and manage customer reviews.
Consider using international SEO if your medical website caters to global clients. Websites that provide updated medical information and research should invest in this optimization using an experienced SEO company.
Medical practitioners can use SEO to promote their practice, website, and services online. Consider the strategies mentioned above to utilize SEO to the fullest. With a well-optimized medical website, you can build authority and attract more traffic to your website and, finally, to your local business.