Proxy servers are often helpful for avoiding some restrictions for website use, but their applicability is far more versatile. Among their main features are securing and anonymizing online activity, and as the technologies develop, more opportunities appear to use proxies for business goals. What kinds of servers exist, and where to find a trustworthy proxy for chrome?
How do proxy servers work?
Proxy servers are to make online activities safe and private due to the core principle of work. The servers are a mediating force that modifies and filters the information to make it safe for both – a user and a web host. The sequence includes five steps when browsing happens with a proxy launched:
- A user sends a request (IP, the data about requested info, etc.).
- A proxy gets it and analyses the info. Depending on the settings, it lets or does not let the request go forward, and if it does – the data is somehow changed or encrypted.
- A web host receives the request and sends a response.
- A proxy filters the data again, and if everything is OK, it passes the response along to the user’s device.
- A user gets the response.
This sequence happens every time a user goes to some page.
How to distinguish proxies
We can distinguish several proxy types depending on the settings that determine how proxies work. The main two typologies refer to what information in the request is changed and who uses the proxy services.
The information modified
According to the data being changed or encrypted, people distinguish the following types of proxies:
- Transparent. It changes nothing and only passes along your request with a mark that the data has been transmitted through a proxy server. It is necessary as a supervising tool for how employees spend their working hours.
- Anonymous. Hides IP from your request to not let the websites collect the info related to your location. It helps avoid personal data theft or location-based marketing.
- Distorting. Replaces your IP with another to make the request more natural. It is similar to the previous one, but as it shows an IP address to the web host, you can see foreign ads on the pages you visit.
- High-Anonymity. With this setting, the IPs change periodically, so it is impossible to track your activities by a false address. The backconnect proxies work similarly, but they use different IPs for every request they send.
Choose a proxy depending on the purpose of use, and it will save you time and money.
By the customer
Proxies can represent both parties of interaction:
- forward proxies act on behalf of regular users and send requests to websites;
- reverse servers represent web hosts and filter the incoming data.
The latter helps secure the smooth work of a website.
Regarding the following options, provider customers can combine and use various opportunities for all sorts of purposes. SOAX proxies provide the best conditions for professional and private usage – try now and see yourself!