UCI canvas About Us
In 1965 uci canvas , the University of California, Irvine was founded with a mission to catalyze the community and enhance lives through rigorous academics uci canvas , cutting-edge research, and dedicated public service. Today, we draw on the unyielding spirit of our pioneering faculty, staff, and students who arrived on campus with a dream to inspire change and generate new ideas. We believe that true progress is made when different perspectives come together to advance our understanding of the world around us. And we enlighten our communities and point the way to a better future. At UCI, we shine brighter uci canvas .
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) developed by Instructure. It contains all the core LMS features you’re familiar with, such as a grade book, message boards, quizzes, file sharing, and the ability to post a variety of course content uci canvas .
What’s the difference between Canvas and EEE?
Both Canvas and EEE are learning management systems that contain core LMS tools. Canvas provides additional flexibility with the ability to integrate 3rd-party tools and resources. Canvas also supports work on mobile devices uci canvas .
uci Canvas is built to support a wide variety of pedagogical use cases, providing the tools instructors need to teach in traditional classes, flipped and hybrid environments, and classes that are fully online. It integrates with other systems, including both existing campus systems and 3rd-party tools. Many others are already using or piloting Canvas including UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Office of the President, UC Irvine Health Education, University of Central Florida, University of Pennsylvania, University of Washington, and Harvard University.
What are some interesting features in Canvas?
- Course dashboards that clearly summarize course information and activities
- In-system messaging for flexible course communication
- Customized notifications, including text alerts
- Integrated rubrics for monitoring student performance and provide students continuous feedback and allow instructors to measure the effectiveness of course content and assignments
- SpeedGrader to score assignments and provide audio, video, or written feedback on submissions
- Compliance with accessibility standards, including a Gold Level Web Certification in 2010 by the National Federation of the Blind uci canvas
UCI canvas Discover
Explore the uci canvas campus and experience life in beautiful, sunny Southern California.
Find your footing at UCI. Schedule a tour and see for yourself why more than 33,000 students call UCI home uci canvas
See the sights and discover what makes OC an ideal location to learn, work, and thrive.uci canvas
New to campus or need directions? We’ve got you covered.uci canvas
uci canvas Contact us