Overivew of wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot
Drinking water from a pot made of soil can be beneficial. However, if you’re unaware of these advantages or are curious about how they can help, read our comprehensive guide. Have you ever consumed water from a matka (clay pot)? If not, you must have observed people observing matka in their houses. When refrigerators were not commonly used, people used earthen pots to hold their water because they naturally cooled the liquid.
Introduction : wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot
In our quest for good health, we often overlook the simple yet powerful benefits of traditional practices. One such practice is drinking water stored in earthen pots. This age-old tradition offers more than just quenching thirst; it brings a plethora of health advantages that modern methods fail to provide. In this article, we will explore five amazing health benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot and understand why this ancient practice deserves a place in our lives.
What is earthen-pot ?
- Earthen pots are made from clay, which is a natural material that has been used for centuries to store and cook food.
- Earthen pots are porous, which means that they allow air to pass through them. This helps to keep the water in the pot cool and prevents it from becoming stagnant.
- Earthen pots are also alkaline, which means that they can help to balance the pH of the water. This can be beneficial for people who have digestive problems or who are prone to kidney stones.
- Earthen pots can also help to improve the taste of water. The minerals in the clay can add a slightly sweet or earthy flavor to the water.
- Earthen pots are a sustainable choice for storing and cooking food. They are made from a natural material that can be recycled or reused.
If you are looking for a healthy and sustainable way to store and cook food, consider using an earthen pot.
Benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot
There are many benefits to drinking water from an earthen pot. Some of these benefits include:
- Improves digestion. Clay is a natural alkaline substance, and when water is stored in a clay pot, it becomes slightly alkaline. This can help to improve digestion and reduce acidity in the stomach.
- Boosts metabolism. The minerals in clay can help to boost metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Prevents heatstroke. Clay pots help to keep water cool, which can help to prevent heatstroke during hot weather.
- Keeps the body hydrated. Clay pots help to retain the natural minerals in water, which can help to keep the body hydrated.
- Improves skin health. The minerals in clay can help to improve skin health and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes.
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones. The minerals in clay can help to reduce the risk of kidney stones by binding to calcium and other minerals in the urine.
- Helps in weight loss. The minerals in clay can help to boost metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Improves blood circulation. The minerals in clay can help to improve blood circulation and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduces stress. The minerals in clay can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
Here are some additional benefits of using earthen pots:
- They can help to improve the taste of food.
- They can help to retain the nutrients in food.
- They can help to cook food more evenly.
- They can help to reduce the risk of food poisoning.
If you are interested in using an earthen pot, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Choose a pot that is made from unglazed clay. Glazed pots can leach harmful chemicals into food.
- Make sure the pot is clean before using it. You can wash it with soap and water or soak it in a solution of water and vinegar.
- Do not use the pot if it is cracked or chipped.
- Store the pot in a cool, dry place when not in use.
In addition to the benefits listed above, drinking water from an earthen pot can also help to:
- Improve the taste of water
- Reduce the risk of bacterial contamination
- Remove harmful chemicals from water
If you are interested in buying an earthen pot, there are many different types available. You can find them at most home goods stores or online. When choosing an earthen pot, be sure to choose one that is made from unglazed clay. Glazed clay pots can leach harmful chemicals into the water.
To clean an earthen pot, simply wash it with soap and water. You can also soak it in a solution of water and vinegar. Once the pot is clean, rinse it thoroughly and let it air dry.
Drinking water from an earthen pot is a simple way to improve your health. If you are looking for a natural way to improve your digestion, boost your metabolism, and reduce your risk of disease, consider drinking water from an earthen pot.
Q1: What is an earthen pot?
A1: An earthen pot, also known as a clay pot or terracotta pot, is a container made from natural clay or mud. It is traditionally used for storing and cooling water.
Q2: How does drinking water from an earthen pot enhance digestion?
A2: When water is stored in an earthen pot, it absorbs minerals from the clay, such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. These minerals can aid digestion and improve the absorption of nutrients, thereby enhancing overall digestive health.
Q3: Does drinking water from an earthen pot have a cooling effect?
A3: Yes, water stored in an earthen pot has a natural cooling effect. The porous nature of the clay allows for evaporation, which gradually lowers the water’s temperature. Drinking cool water can help reduce body heat and provide a refreshing sensation.
Q4: What is the significance of alkaline pH balance in water from an earthen pot?
A4: Earthen pots tend to maintain a slightly alkaline pH in the water. Alkaline water can help balance the body’s pH levels, which is important for optimal health. Maintaining a slightly alkaline environment may help neutralize excess acidity in the body caused by factors such as diet and stress.
Q5: How does an earthen pot remove impurities from water?
A5: The clay in an earthen pot acts as a natural filter, trapping impurities and sediments present in the water. This filtration process helps remove certain contaminants, making the water cleaner and safer to drink.
Q6: Are there any specific precautions to take while using an earthen pot for drinking water?
A6: It’s essential to clean the earthen pot regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria or mold. Scrub the pot gently using a brush and rinse it thoroughly with clean water. Additionally, ensure the pot is made from food-grade clay and does not contain any harmful substances.
Q: What are the health benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot?
A: There are many potential health benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved digestion
- Boosted metabolism
- Reduced risk of kidney stones
- Improved skin health
- Increased hydration
- Reduced stress